[alsa-devel] Question about snd_pcm_sw_params_set_start_threshold

Christian Gmeiner christian.gmeiner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 16:04:52 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am running into some troubles with my linux plugin for the vdr. I
want to play audio in sync of video. My current solution is to buffer
about 500ms of video on the output device (pts based FIFO). I can play
audio with alsa, but
sometimes I am not in sync with the video. So I want to set start
threshold to 0 to disable automatic playback start. Instead I want to
buffer audio and start playback manual, if pts of video is near
current scr clock of output device. What are my options to manually
start playback?

Christian Gmeiner, MSc