[alsa-devel] [RFC 0/5] ASoC multi-component support : core

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Jul 1 21:35:58 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 10:16:21AM +0300, Jarkko Nikula wrote:

> If some board doesn't work then fix is most probably just
> adding .codec_id = I2C address of the codec (or -1) to snd_soc_dai_link
> structure of that machine.

This issue appears to apply to the overwhelming majority of machine
drivers.

I suspect that it'd be more straightforward to convert to using a dev_id
with NULL as the wildcard match - this allows us to cope with deduping
over multiple I2C buses, cope with non-numeric IDs and (more to the
point here) will mean that we don't need to go through all the machine
drivers initialising the codec_id.