[alsa-devel] A driver for Zoom R16 (USB)?

Jani Frilander j.frilander at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 07:08:05 CET 2010

I have a Zoom R16 multitrack recorder / USB audio interface / control
surface unit.
Unfortunately it's audio interface/control surface part currently don't work
with linux.
When I plug it in kernel (2.6.31-9-rt) won't recognize it as a audio

Is there a way to make it work? It probably needs to be hacked, because Zoom
provide any technical information, according to their email I received.

I'm a total newbie in driver development, but I'll be willing to work with

Jani Frilander