[alsa-devel] Reforming s3c2443 ac97 driver

Liam Girdwood lrg at slimlogic.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 11:37:47 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 15:58 +0900, jassi brar wrote:

> The s3c2443-ac97.c is used by SMDK2443 and LN2440SBC machines. My new
> driver is at least as good as old one for SMDK2443(both detect
> controller fine but none produce any sound..
> might be some h/w issue on the only board I have got).

It does sound like the AC97 link is up and running. What codec is used
here ?

> I have no access to LN2440SBC but there is no reason for it to
> complain.
> Besides, the new AC97 controller driver(plus a machine driver for
> SMDKs with WM9713 attached to AC97 port) has been tested on all
> SoCs that I could get my hands on(6410, C100, C110 and V210).

It would be good if you could also confirm that AC97 warm reset, AC97
cold reset and VRA (rates other than 48kHz) all work with the new
driver. Fwiw, it does sound like AC97 warm reset works since the WM9713
probes (it's default state requires warm reset to wake up the link).

Liam