[alsa-devel] Problem with PPH plugin

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jan 20 23:34:35 CET 2010

At Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:24:46 +0000 (UTC),
Anton Yashin wrote:

> Takashi Iwai <tiwai <at> suse.de> writes:
>

> > Hm, this is a horrible combination for debugging: a binary-only app
> > plugin from another app....  The backtrace shows the function: that's
> > good.  But, it shows the very first line of the function.  So, it
> > can't tell where actually hits.  It makes hard to guess...
> >
> > And, I can't reproduce the bug.
> >
> > The reporter can try the following, at least:
> >  - uninstall alsa-plugins package to see whether it's a speexrate
> >    plugin issue
> >  - update packages from OBS multimedia:audio:libs repo, to be sure,
> >    whether the problem got fixed in the later versions
> >
> > Takashi
> >

> Hi and thanks for the advice. Yes the issue is present only if a package
> "alsa-plugins" installed. The problem also occurs after the upgrade packages
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/libs/openSUSE_11.2/ . I
> also added information to the alsa bugtracker.
> https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4878

OK, just one more thing to be sure -- does this happen also with samplerate
plugin?  I suppose it's PPH specific, but it's not clear whether this comes
from the PCM core side or just in the SRC side.

Also, did you see any similar error with other apps?

thanks,