[alsa-devel] Can we add optional parameters in snd_pcm_hw_params

Raul Xiong raulxiong at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:35:10 CET 2010

Hi all,

In my current ALSA driver, I have defined a mode which will impact the
configuration of the audio driver. The requirment is to ask application
users to set this mode to driver. So I want to add a parameter in 'hwparams'
of snd_pcm_hw_params(pcm_handle, hwparams). But it seems that ALSA have no
such expansibility.

Basically, my requirment is: There are two modes: ModeA and ModeB. I'd like
application to set this mode before it begin playing. If you have other
better methods to reach this requirment, it's also welcome. Thanks.