[alsa-devel] snd-hdsp driver error?

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:08:05 CET 2010

2010/1/16 Lars Zobbe <fedesensfar at gmail.com>

> Thansk a lot Raymond. That actually works! My HDSP now loads without mayor
> problems. This is brilliant. I've been struggling for so long to make this
> work and finally...
> I recommend everyone with a RME HDSP, who wants to use pulseaudio, to check
> out ticket 764.
> Thanks again Raymond.
> Lars.
>
> 2010/1/14 Raymond Yau <superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com>
>

>> Refer to
>>
>> http://pulseaudio.org/ticket/764#comment:1
>>

>> load-module module-alsa-sink device_id=0 tsched=0
>>
> load-module module-alsa-source device_id=0 tsched=0

if your hdsp works , this mean that this is a bug introduced at pulseaudio
since 0.9.15 ( working profile )

I guess none of PA develpers had your card ,

if you want the pulseaudio bug fixed ,

you will need to post the output of full pulseaudio log of module-alsa-sink
( pulseaudio -k;pulseaudio -vvvvv ) and the outout of aplay -v -Dplughw:0,0
any.wav

in the pulseaudio bug tracker

 so that PA developer can compare with the non-working pulseaudio log