[alsa-devel] VGN-P11Z_G (hda-intel ALC262) internal microphone not working

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Jan 14 15:14:04 CET 2010

At Thu, 14 Jan 2010 07:03:20 -0500,
Daniel Chen wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> > Isn't this with the older driver version before disabling the default
> > quirk to sony-assamd model?  In the recent version, it would fall
> > back to auto model.
>
> Indeed, both of his alsa-info.sh outputs show that he used model=auto
> with -driver 1.0.20:
> >> working "model=auto":
> >> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=67f6a692f0ccd70d6893665d36c8b90a51f4a577
> >>
> >> also with "power_save=10 power_save_controller=N model=auto":
> >> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=618f4d4ae530957b4b6d2b66751871d4073df685
>
> > Having an entry to ALC262_AUTO is fine.  It even reduces a kernel
> > message that may wonder user.  So here what we have to check lastly
> > is whether VAIO Z21MN (104d:9025) that is currently with toshiba-s06
> > works with model=auto or not.  Once after it's confirmed, we can take
> > all to auto.
>
> Because I don't have access to 0x104d9025 and I don't wish to
> introduce a further regression for that model, I've just respun the
> patch against current master HEAD adding his SSID with the model=auto
> quirk.

Well, I guess the latest driver should work even without quirk because
model=auto would be chosen as default.  In the older verison,
model=sony-assamd was chosen for Sony laptops, but it's disabled now.

If my guess is right, I'd apply a clean-up patch for 2.6.34, but no
need for a new addition of model=auto quirk entry for 2.6.33.
If not, please let me know.

thanks,