[alsa-devel] VGN-P11Z_G (hda-intel ALC262) internal microphone not working

Daniel Chen seven.steps at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 01:41:12 CET 2010

Hi, Takashi,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Christian Stöveken
<christian.stoeveken at gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry to get back to you so late - I tried again 5 minutes ago and it is now
> working with the false parameter removed (/etc/modules:9: snd-hda-intel
> model=vaio)
>
> working "model=auto":
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=67f6a692f0ccd70d6893665d36c8b90a51f4a577
>
> also with "power_save=10 power_save_controller=N model=auto":
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=618f4d4ae530957b4b6d2b66751871d4073df685
>
> I hope this is how you expected it to look like.
> Also the headphones now work correctly.

Attached is a patch against current sound-2.6 master HEAD that:

* adds Christian's SSID to the relevant quirk table,
* prefers BIOS autoprobing for existing Sony VAIO models matching 0x104d90xx.

The second change was made to ease backing out the change in case of
regressions.

Best,
-Dan