[alsa-devel] alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write!

Konrad Schlichtherle kconny at gmx.de
Wed Jan 13 19:43:48 CET 2010

Hello,

sometimes it occure that my speakers do not play sound although the
speakers should play music with VLC. Then i took a look at
/var/log/messages and found this:

Jan 13 17:01:39 riker pulseaudio[3335]: alsa-sink.c: ALSA woke us up to
write new data to the device, but there was actually nothing to write!
Jan 13 17:01:39 riker pulseaudio[3335]: alsa-sink.c: Most likely this is
a bug in the ALSA driver 'snd_hda_intel'. Please report this issue to
the ALSA developers.
Jan 13 17:01:39 riker pulseaudio[3335]: alsa-sink.c: We were woken up
with POLLOUT set -- however a subsequent snd_pcm_avail() returned 0 or
another value < min_avail.

The output of utils_alsa-info.sh is there:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=1767e9bc745724a67c908549d20c137375d0605e

I didn't know wether this is a bug or a misconfiguration of my openSUSE 11.2

Konrad