[alsa-devel] Audio suspend/resume status on OMAP3 based platforms

Jarkko Nikula jhnikula at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 07:58:20 CET 2010

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:35:15 +0530
"Aggarwal, Anuj" <anuj.aggarwal at ti.com> wrote:

> I want to check the status of suspend/resume functionality when audio
> subsystem is being used. Specifically, has some one tried the following
> tests on their omap3 based platforms:
>
> a) echo mem > /sys/power/state, when audio playback is running in
> background
> b) same command, when audio capture is running in
> background
> b) same command, when audio loopback is running in
> background
>
> I am facing some issues with (b) & (c) so wanted to confirm whether
> someone else has faced similar problem or not.

Unfortunately the proper OMAP ASoC suspend/resume functionality is still
missing and the development progress has been slow. There are few
issues in low-level McBSP code like proper clock management,
context save/restore, how to deal with the FIFO, etc. and those should
be addressed first.

Fortunately Janusz Krzysztofik has been cleaning up and developing the
register cache support in McBSP and that work could help the PM work as
well. Clock management changes don't look complicated but just requires
that one develops it.

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2009-November/023119.html

--
Jarkko