[alsa-devel] hda-intel: no codecs found

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jan 12 07:58:22 CET 2010

At Fri, 01 Jan 2010 20:00:58 +0200,
Ozan Çağlayan wrote:

> (Takashi CC'ed)
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does that warning can be interpreted as a hardware failure? I'm reverting to older alsa-driver snapshots that I'm sure was working OK but still having this warning. I'm suspecting the power outage that the system suffered on Friday.
> >
> > Is there a way to understand whether it's driver related or HW related?

Hm, if the old working code gives the same error, it implies some HW
related thing.  I'd check first BIOS setup again whether the onboard
device is enabled.

If it looks OK, you can try to force the slot bits via probe_mask
option e.g. probe_mask=0x101.  The bit 0x100 means to force to probe
on the given slots.