[alsa-devel] VGN-P11Z_G (hda-intel ALC262) internal microphone not working

Christian Stöveken christian.stoeveken at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 00:34:49 CET 2010

I'm running Ubuntu Karmic on a Vaio P11z and wanted to ask if there's
anything I can do to help
get the not working microphone going for me and all P11z users ;-)

Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
Product Name: VGN-P11Z_G
Soundcards recognised by ALSA: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel MID
Codec: Realtek ALC262

I already upgraded to alsa 1.0.21 using that
and am atm on 2.6.33-020633rc3-generic.

-> toshiba-s06 (somewhat working)
the issues:

   - Microphone isn't working
   with toshiba-s06 it is sometimes working right after powering up,
   sometimes I have to force-reload alsa.
   - Sound also comes from the speakers with plugged-in headphones
   sony-assamd / toshiba-s06 (and multiple others fix that issue)