[alsa-devel] capturing data from the microphone

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed Jan 6 12:39:16 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 11:44:04AM +0100, Marc Garnier wrote:
> OK, well, I work on a custom device platform based on an Atmel
> at91sam9261. I wrote an alsa driver composed of 2 files

CCing in the list and Sedji, who wrote the driver.  Please also try
avoid top posting - Linux lists generally intersperse replies with the
relevant context from the original message since it makes mails much
more legible.

> But when I want to record a pcm stream I have this error:
> # arecord -v -c 1 -t wav -f S16_LE -r 8000 -d 10 input.wav
> arecord: pcm_read:1629: read error: Input/output error

[With an AT91 in slave mode...]
> and actually no interrupt occur and I
> wonder why...

Can you see clocks on the audio interface?  Have you checked that the
pins on the processor are configured to route the signals to the correct
IP block?