[alsa-devel] [RFC] audio surveilance

John Sauter John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com
Sat Jan 2 04:54:47 CET 2010

When doing audio surveillance, you want to record all the sound, but
occasionally close the old output file and open a new one, so you can
listen to a captured event without disturbing the recording of future
sounds.  I have some ideas for additions to aplay to meet the needs of
audio surveillance, and would appreciate feedback from the alsa
developers.  My proposed patches are attached.  They have been tested
only on GNU/Linux 64-bit.
    John Sauter (John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com)