[alsa-devel] [Regression] With the new 2.6.33 when I plug headphones, the speaker doen't get off anymore

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 10:03:12 CET 2010

Hi,

I have installed debian stable lenny + backports on an eeepc 1201n. With
the 2.6.30 or 2.6.32 from lenny-backport I don't have problem with sound
: when I plug the headphones, speakers get off.

I have tested with 2.6.33 and when I plug headphones, speakers don't get
off anymore. so I have sound in headphones and speakers.

22:42 giggz at baal ~ % cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec
Codec: Realtek ALC269
Codec: Nvidia MCP7A HDMI

I attach the output of alsa-info with the 2.6.32.9 and the 2.6.33 (I'm
in a Uni Campus and it's quite difficult to have internet on a external
laptop...so I attach them at this mail and I don't upload them on pastbin).

I have opened a bug on the kernel bugzilla (bug 15399). Should I provide
anything more ?

Thx a lot,
Best regards
Guillaume