[alsa-devel] Verifying mixer dB data/Invalid dB data from USB cards, especially Aureon 5.1 MkII

Lennart Poettering mznyfn at 0pointer.de
Sun Feb 21 20:29:51 CET 2010

On Sun, 21.02.10 12:01, Raymond Yau (superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com) wrote:

> However Simple Mixer API cannot know the subdevice number , you have to use
> control API ( the lower level API used by Simple Mixer API )

Unfortunately there is no way from the simple mixer to the lower level
mixer. And we certainly want to make use of the abstraction that
smixer is...

It would be great if the smixer would include some API that gives me a
hint to which device/subdevice a specific snd_mixer_elem_t belongs to.

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net