[alsa-devel] Verifying mixer dB data/Invalid dB data from USB cards, especially Aureon 5.1 MkII

Lennart Poettering mznyfn at 0pointer.de
Wed Feb 17 14:15:48 CET 2010

On Wed, 17.02.10 12:06, Mark Brown (broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com) wrote:

> I'd actually be surprised if there were too much of an issue with this
> beyond the data collection one (especially for USB devices).

I wonder if we could harvest this in some way from the Windows
drivers? Does Windows care about the dB data at all? Maybe one could
extract this information from their .inf files or so, if they store it
there?

At least the Vista APIs seem to expose dB data:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd371447%28VS.85%29.aspx

I wonder where they get that data from and what they do with broken
hardware like the Aureon... Now I wished I had access to a Windows
machine to figure that out...

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net