[alsa-devel] What is the required accuracy of audio sampling rate?

Yiliang Bao yiliangb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 00:58:59 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a PCI-e audio card that does not give very accurate sampling rate
(about -0.2% error, i.e., if I set the sampling rate to 8K, I got only 7984
samples per second on average). It caused various synchronization problems
in applications like gstreamer.

Since there will be some difference from one clock domain to another, I am
wondering if there is any defined tolerance on the sampling rate, and where
the right place is to correct this kind of error. I would really appreciate
if someone can point me to the related documents/links.

Thanks,
Yiliang