[alsa-devel] Jack Detection ??

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Feb 12 11:07:34 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 03:03:17PM -0800, Johnson, Charles F wrote:

> I'm trying to understand the level of jack detection implemented in ALSA.
> I admit some amount of ignorance here - is this documented somewhere that I haven't been able to find yet ??

I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for here but the API used for
jack reporting is documented here:

	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/docs/alsa-driver-api/ch06s02.html

The jack will appear as an input device.  If you're working on an
embedded system then ASoC has a wrapper around this which hooks in to
DAPM and makes it easier to combine multiple jack detection methods into
a single jack (eg, for microphone plus headphone detection on a headset
jack).