[alsa-devel] ALC268 - Driving mute led with GPIO

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Thu Feb 4 17:44:48 CET 2010

Hi,

We have a laptop here (a local brand) which has a mute button with a LED. Currently the mute button works correctly but the
led is non-functional.

I've played through hda-analyzer and found out that it's enabled when you enable gpio3 and click out_dir. Clicking out_dir
again and again switches it on and off.

There's a mute led stuff in patch_sigmatel, sigmatel_spec has gpio_led and gpio_polarity information but alc_spec doesn't have.

How should we hook/patch that information into the codec?

I'll try to send the alsa-info output tomorrow.

Thanks.
Ozan