[alsa-devel] ioctl problem - help please!!

Rene E. Henriquez G. rene.henriquez at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 22:34:08 CET 2010

Good day to everyone.

I'm developing a system in which I need to gather some entropy from
/dev/random. In order to increase the entropy, I'm using a daemon called
audio-entropyd from Folkert van Heusden, but it has some problems that maybe
you guys can help me with this.

Does anybody know what might cause this:

2925  open("/dev/snd/pcmC0D0c", O_RDWR|O_NONBLOCK) = 5
2925  ioctl(5, 0x80184151, 0x7ffff3351890) = -1 EIO (Input/output error)

to give EIO?

The daemon just stops with the KILL signal.

Thanks for reading this, I really need your assistance for this please.

Regards,

René.