[alsa-devel] format and standards issues fixes

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Dec 22 17:52:50 CET 2010

Hi,

At Wed, 8 Dec 2010 23:14:09 +0530,
Jeffrin Jose wrote:

> hello.
>
> I have fixed several issues with checkpatch.pl
> fixes include standards and format issues.
>
> i have attached the patch along with this mail.

Sorry for the late reply.  This was buried in my inbox.
And thanks for the patch.

Unfortunately, your patch doesn't look pretty correct as coding-style
fixes.  When you break the lines, you don't need the backslash at the
end, unless it's in a macro definition.  And the line-breaks are
inserted in wrong places overall.

But, above all, this kind of patch doesn't make much sense for such an
old driver code.  sound_core.c is in almost dead state, so just
rewriting for coding-style is much more harm than benefit.
If you'd continue on working on cleaning-up codes, it'd be better to
begin with more important places.

thanks,