[alsa-devel] ASoC cache code (looking toward 2.6.38 merge window)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Dec 20 15:50:54 CET 2010

Hi,

while I took a lazy glance over ASoC code now (well in a sort of
escapism mode), I found again soc-cache.c has many redundant codes.

It's pretty easy to do some cleanups.  After 5 minutes rewrite, over
300 LOC reduced.  But I remember you wanted to work on it for
portability, e.g. endianness.  The same problem seems still remaining,
for example, snd_socc_16_16_read_i2c() has cpu_to_be16() while no
others have such.  Any progress on this?  Or should I post you patchesf
first?

Also, for now, the new nice cache compression support is always
built-in although the additional code size isn't so negligible and its
user is just only one.  Wouldn't it be better to give new Kconfig for
them?  I'm also no big fan for small Kconfigs, but in this case, I see
no better resolution.

Since 2.6.38 merge window gets closer, we need to decide it quickly.

thanks,