[alsa-devel] question on static dapm routes

Harsha, Priya priya.harsha at intel.com
Fri Dec 17 09:26:36 CET 2010

Hi Mark,

In the codec file which we are trying to write, we do not have any dynamic
Switching paths. So for the structure snd_soc_dapm_route, its always
		{sink, NULL, source}.
The DAPM widgets are getting enabled at the codec probe
(as we saw that they are getting declared as static) . So this consumes
power and we want them do be turned on only when DAI is started?

So, does that mean that for every stream, we make use of the startup and
shutdown functions to do our power management of the widgets. Or is there a
way ASOC automatically takes care of powering of the static paths as well?

Thanks,
Harsha