[alsa-devel] Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 MIDI and Dolby 5.1/7.1 issues

Jonathan Gardner jgardner at jonathangardner.net
Thu Dec 9 19:56:15 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote:
> Jonathan Gardner wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> This looks like PulseAudio's idea of a user-friendly abstraction.
>>> Try "alsamixer -D hw:0".
>>
>> Beautiful. That's what I'm looking for.
>>
>> So should I work with PulseAudio to get their GUI working with my
>> particular situation?
>
> I'm not sure if your situation is one that PA actually wants to handle.

I don't understand what you mean, since I am not familiar with ALSA or
PulseAudio. Could someone clarify? Am I doomed to having a
less-than-functional audio icon in my toolbar because of political or
technical issues? Either way, what do you recommend I can do to
improve my situation, and hopefully the situation of others?

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardner at jonathangardner.net