[alsa-devel] Questions regarding ASoC

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Tue Dec 7 14:30:30 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 07 December 2010 13:05:28 ext Bensaid, Selma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm studying the transition of my ALSA Driver for TI WL1273 BT/FM into
> ASoC, and I have a question.

Take a look at sound/soc/codecs/wl1273.c
You might need the v4l2 and the MFD parts for the wl1273.

> The ALSA driver already developped provided one sound card with 2 PCM
> devices: - PCM devices: BT (capture + playback)
> - FM (capture).
> These 2 devices are exclusive.

The driver in upstream at the moment handle only one DAI from the wl1273 (the
shared BT/FM dai). wl1273 actually have 2 DAI, but the dedicated FM DAI
support is not implemented.
The codec driver can handle:
BT playback/capture (full duplex)
FM playback/capture (half duplex)
Since it is using the same DAI, BT and FM (audio) can not be used at the same
time.

--
Péter