[alsa-devel] Turtle Beach Tahiti (snd-msnd-classic)

Brand, Mark (Mr) (Summerstrand Campus South) Mark.Brand at nmmu.ac.za
Mon Aug 30 16:59:46 CEST 2010

Thank you very much for responding.

>> 1. dmesg says "Assuming PnP mode", despite isapnp=0 option
>The message is confusing.  The isapnp is assumed silently also when no
>cfg option is given.

>> 3. Type: sudo modprobe snd-msnd-classic isapnp=0 io=0x3e0 irq=10 mem=0xd0000
>Try to add cfg option value.  It's either 0x250, 0x260 or 0x270.

modprobe snd-msnd-classic isapnp=0 cfg=0x250 io=0x3e0 irq=10 mem=0xd0000

responds with:
FATAL: Error inserting snd_msnd_classic (/lib/modules/2.6.32-24-generic/kernel/sound/isa/msnd/snd-msnd-classic.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

dmesg says:
snd_msnd_classic: Unknown parameter 'cfg'

Thank you again for taking the time to advise me.
Kind regards,
Mark Brand.

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard NMMU eMail disclaimer which may be found at:
http://www.nmmu.ac.za/disclaimer/email.htm