[alsa-devel] [RFC] ASoC: multi-component: Add optional kcontrol prefix name for a DAI link

Jarkko Nikula jhnikula at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 13:17:29 CEST 2010

On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 14:32:29 +0100
Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 01:59:22PM +0300, Jarkko Nikula wrote:
>
> > I went back to original idea that prefixes only kcontrols of codec and
> > doesn't add any new API. So if we can have DAIless codec drivers (i.e.
> > amplifiers) then there is no immediate need for prefixing widgets and
> > routes.
>
> Note that even DAIless drivers can have routing in them - see WM9090 for
> example.

I don't see it are there any problems. For me it looks the routes in
WM9090 are unique and registered to own codec instance so there should
not be route prefixing needed.

How these amplifier drivers are actually meant to be probed? Currently
struct snd_soc_codec_driver->probe is called only from
soc_probe_dai_link.

--
Jarkko