[alsa-devel] X-Fi Titanium: Capture is possible only with unmuted input

Thor Kristoffersen thorkr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 10:41:51 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
>> I'm having issues with an X-Fi Titanium and ALSA.  The problem is that
>> it appears to be impossible to capture without unmuting the channel I'm
>> capturing from.
>
> What do you mean exactly "unmuting the channel I'm capturing from"?
> If you mean to turn on/off "XXX Capture Switch", then it's a feature,
> no bug.

No, I mean that capture is possible only when mute=off and capture=on.
As far as I can understand this must be a bug. For example, if you
want to do real-time audio processing, you want to send the input
signal to an audio processing application without sending it also
straight to the output. And I think that's how it used to work on
older sound cards I have owned.

Thor