[alsa-devel] 5.1 surround on 3 jacks (retasking)

Keith Chew keith.chew at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 17:08:36 CEST 2010

> Answering as a layman - make sure there are no other volume controls you
> need turn up. There is also the -10 dBv <=> +4 dBu difference, could be
> that your old card had the other voltage reference. Other than that, I
> don't know.

Thank you very much for your quick response. I have actually made
progress. Using hda_analyzer, I have changed the pin ctls to be OUT
and HP, instead of just OUT. I read from the Intel doc that setting a
pin to HP will enable an output amplifier. True enough, this gave a
boost to the volume, it is close enough to the soundblaster's volume.

Now I am back to trying to figure out how to set the HP in the
user_pin_configs hex value. Do you have any documentation references
on how to set the hex value for user_pin_configs? I have tried to
Google for it, and also tried to find it from Intel's website, but to
no avail.

Regards
Keith