[alsa-devel] explicit commandline control of speakers vs headphone output

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 10:02:19 CEST 2010

2010/8/28 Eric Holstege <eric_holstege at yahoo.com>

> Thanks, Clemens;
>
> How were you able to determine that from the "amixer scontents" output.
>
> Although I can't disable *automatic* speaker mute on headphone
> insertion, can I explicitly unmute them again (e.g. with amixer sset or
> cset)?
>
> If not....
> "cat /proc/asound/card*/codec*" says it is the Realtek ALC888.
> Does this mean I have to somehow patch the kernel sound module file
> .../linux-source-2.6.*/sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c
> to fix this somehow?

Post output of alsa-info.sh after a cold boot to allow BIOS setup the pins

ALC888 has 5 DAC and 2 ADC , if you want to implement a new model which
allow internal mic and  internal  speaker , mic jack and headphone jack to
be used independently by two applications  , you will need to disable the
automute function