[alsa-devel] Problem with underrun on new CS42448 x2 driver

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Aug 27 23:20:25 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 04:37:45PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 14:06, Adam Rosenberg wrote:
> > Thank you for the reply.  I emailed Barry Song on July 30th to request some
> > help moving to the new ASoC standards but received no response.

> developers shouldnt be e-mailed directly ... it isnt uncommon for them
> to simply be punted.  this is why we have mailing lists and forums.

That's shouldn't *only* be e-mailed directly (for Linux stuff).  You
should generally keep the relevant folks in the CC as well but also mail
the lists concerned.  The direct mail is there because the lists can be
high volume so it helps people see the mail, while the lists mean that
people other than those you thought of will be able to help and that any
answers will be archived for other people who might need them.