[alsa-devel] explicit commandline control of speakers vs headphone output

Eric Holstege eric_holstege at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 20:46:45 CEST 2010

Thanks, Clemens;

How were you able to determine that from the "amixer scontents" output.

Although I can't disable *automatic* speaker mute on headphone
insertion, can I explicitly unmute them again (e.g. with amixer sset or
cset)?

If not....
"cat /proc/asound/card*/codec*" says it is the Realtek ALC888.
Does this mean I have to somehow patch the kernel sound module file
.../linux-source-2.6.*/sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c
to fix this somehow?

Regards
-Eric