[alsa-devel] xine AC3 dropout problem - Please help!

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Fri Aug 27 19:33:06 CEST 2010

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, VDR User wrote:

> occurs in xine.  The error I see in the xine log when the dropout
> occurs is: pcm_hw.c: snd_pcm_hw_delay() SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_DELAY failed
> (-32).

-32 means -EPIPE - underrun has occured. It means that xine does not
deliver samples in time to the driver for some reason. Because mplayer
works, it does not seem like a general ALSA issue. I would ask xine
developers for further debugging of this issue (compare the audio write
calls with the realtime clock).

 					Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>