[alsa-devel] Loopback device conf/alias

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Wed Aug 25 08:53:20 CEST 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, pl bossart wrote:

> I played with the snd_aloop module that Jaroslav added a couple of
> days ago. It just does what I wanted and seems to work ok :-) Thanks
> for this patch!
>
> I would like however to expose this output as a PulseAudio profile.
> Using a string such as hw:%f conflicts with other analog output

Use 'hw:Loopback' device or assign any other car ID string as the module
parameters (id=<your_string>) or you may change the card ID string at
runtime using 'echo <your_string> > /sys/class/sound/card1/id', replace
card1 with the loopback card index (this way may be used in udev scripts
where you can check the module name (snd_aloop) as well).

 						Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer