[alsa-devel] Building Takashi's sound-2.6.git?

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Fri Aug 20 20:05:29 CEST 2010

Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010, Stephen Warren wrote:
>
> > Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> >> It's not required. The alsa-driver/Makefile handles both alsa-kmirror and
> >> alsa-kernel trees now.
> >
> > When I check out Takashi's sound-2.6 tree, am I suppose to explicitly
> > specify the checkout directory so that it's named alsa-kmirror now instead
> > of sound-2.6; the git-compile script doesn't check for the name sound-2.6.
> > Should the following be updated to search for more names:
> >
> > test -z $ALSAKERNELDIR && ALSAKERNELDIR=../alsa-kmirror
>
> If you like, send a patch to gitcompile to check for sound-2.6 directory
> as well. I'm using different naming (alsa-kernel), so the gitcompile
> script checks for alsa-kernel and alsa-kmirror trees.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work:

ALSAKERNELDIR=../sound-2.6/sound ./gitcompile

Yields:

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/swarren/shared/git_wa/ktest/alsa-driver-build/include/sound'
cp ../../alsa-kernel/include/*.h .
cp: cannot stat `../../alsa-kernel/include/*.h': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [*.h] Error 1

It looks like this path isn't tested?

Anyway, now that I know that utils/setup-alsa-kernel works, I guess I'll just
use that.

--
nvpublic