[alsa-devel] Problem with MX27 ASoC audio

Randolph Chung rchung42 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 09:53:16 CEST 2010

> Nonetheless, the system still doesn't behave properly when record and
> playback are happening at the same time. Here's a simple test:

Actually the problem is due to "mismatched" recording and playback
rates. My test was recording at 8kHz and playing back at 48kHz. The
codec driver only supports playback rate = capture rate. When the
playback starts the codec starts clocking at 48kHz which causes the
xruns.

Will see if the codec driver (tlv320aic3x) can be fixed up.

randolph