[alsa-devel] Pops, Clicks on Capture w/ S/PDIF, Cirrus Logic CS4207, HDA

Dave Zielinski DZielinski at righthandtech.com
Thu Aug 12 19:42:31 CEST 2010

Clemens,
   Yes prior location is exactly 1 buffer_size! - which is this case was 16384.  But what does that mean?

Also, I tried inserting 'coef |= 0x0040' and ran a 'arecord | aplay' and it sounded like white-noise.  Although I am using a Sine wave generator to troubleshoot this and it sounded like changing the frequency audibly affect it a little, so it's not pure noise.  But anyway it sounds like this is a different problem.  I would not expect this to be a freq conversion problem as I'm putting in 48kHz and reading as 48kHz.   Also I can put in 44.1kHz and read out 48kHz and everything seems to work the same.

Do you have any other ideas for things the check?  In the meantime will be studying the code in the meantime to try and get my arms around how buffers are getting transferred from the hardware to kernel-space and kernel-space to user-land.  I currently don't understand this.

Thanks for your response,
Dave Z.