[alsa-devel] Beginner to Alsa Development

Tejas tejas at picus.in
Thu Aug 12 12:08:46 CEST 2010

Hello All,

               I am new to alsa interface development. I would like to write
one application which accept *.pcm file as input and give playback of it on
sound device on linux system. My requirement is to set sample rate 44100,
channel 2 and access method is SND_PCM_ACCESS_RW_INTERLEAVED and data length
is 16 bit little endian.

               Can any oen guide me how can I start writing application in c
file and which are those APIs which I need to take care and handling of
different error codes. It is very urgent.

               Please correct me if I am wrong at anywhere.

-Tejas.