[alsa-devel] amp power down event (resend with the correct email)

Michael Trimarchi trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it
Tue Aug 10 12:56:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 08:05:53PM +0200, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>

>> I'm t rying to unde rstand when the event a re called.
>>

> As I believe I have reminded you on a number of occasions you should
> always CC the maintainers on Linux kernel queries.
>

>> and receive the event => OFF. In the aplay example this happen
>> afte r some seconds but in my application I don't receive the OFF
>> event. What is w rong?
>>

> Your application will have left audio going to the speaker.  This will
> either be a running playback or an analogue path.

I have fixed change to SND_SOC_DAPM_PRE("Front Speaker", amp_event),

so when the stream is closed the amp is deactivated using the event 2

[  400.946232] widget Right DAC
[  400.946237]  Right HiFi Playback stream HiFi Playback event 2
[  400.954813] widget Left DAC
[  400.954819]  Left HiFi Playback stream HiFi Playback event 2
[  400.963617] amp_event: event =>
[  400.966604] OFF

This is ok if the user implements the standby closing the out channel.

Michael Trimarchi