[alsa-devel] HDMI audio: TV vs. codec supported sample rates

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Mon Aug 9 23:31:30 CEST 2010

Takashi Iwai wrote:

> At Thu, 5 Aug 2010 07:23:26 -0700,
> Stephen Warren wrote:
> >
> > Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > > Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 6:28 AM

> > > OK, what about the patch below (totally untested)?
> > >
> > > This updates the PCM info only at PCM open time. Apps usually check
> > > parameters only at open (due to hw_params stuff), so it doesn't make
> > > much sense to change dynamically at hotplug in the end.
> >
> > Doesn't that patch only use the ELD to set up the stream's supported parameters?
> > I think the code needs to determine the intersection of what's supported by the
> > codec (from HDA node parsing if that's the correct terminology) *and* the display
> > device (from the ELD), not just one of them.
>
> Good point.  A revised patch is below.
> Can anyone test it?

FYI, I asked our affected end-user to test this a few days ago, but haven't heard
back yet. I'll let you know his results when I get them. I'll also see if we can
get this tested internally to NVIDIA. Unfortunately, I don't have the HW to do so
at present (although perhaps if I fake the ELD data, I could test it...)

--
nvpublic