[alsa-devel] move snd-aloop to the alsa-kernel tree?
perex at perex.cz
Mon Aug 9 09:17:10 CEST 2010
does anyone have any objection to move the loop module (snd-aloop)
from the alsa-driver tree to the alsa-kernel tree (Linux 2.6 tree)?
I worked on these things last days:
- fixed timing issues (we cannot use the identical period
timing for both playback/capture - it also means that the capture and
playback buffer setup might be different)
- added proper buffer silencing when the playback is in the draining phase
- added stream parameters change notification (stop the capture stream
when the playback stream parameters were changed)
- added controls to propagate the playback stream parameters to the
user space with the notification of changes
- added simple time shift functionality to compensate the time drift for
another clock source
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer
ALSA Project, Red Hat, Inc.
More information about the Alsa-devel