[alsa-devel] alsa-asoc-devel?

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Fri Aug 6 13:31:08 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 10:38:01AM +0200, David Henningsson wrote:

> There is a lot of asoc traffic on this list, and I assume many people
> following this list are not interested in ASoC patches.

> Have you considered splitting the alsa-devel mailing list into an
> alsa-asoc-devel mailing list, for ASoC specific stuff, and alsa-devel
> for everything else?

I don't think that's going to be particularly useful, you could say much
the same thing for all these HDA patches that people insist on posting :) .
The overwhelming majority of the traffic on this list is in some way
driver specific so trying to split it up would just result in one list
per driver and reduce the level of cross fertilisation of ideas about
how to approach things.

I certainly find the information I pick up from non-ASoC discussions
useful.