[alsa-devel] [LAD] announcing envy24control, mudita (*) edition.

Niels Mayer nielsmayer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 08:24:31 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Tim E. Real <termtech at rogers.com> wrote:
> Niels do you have a new release or repo I can work with rather than
>  the original release, which may be too outdated to patch against by now?

http://nielsmayer.com/envy24control/mudita24-1.0.1.tar.gz
  (source directory, follow README).

Please give it a try and report on how this "release candidate" works for you.

This 1.0.1 release should fix most of the problems/gripes/bugs/errors
reported on linux-audio-devel.
New command-line options "-g 1" allow multi-channel folk to get rid of
the stereo grouping; those annoyed by the "detent" on the sliders or
the extra space taken up by the markings, use "-n" to turn off this
feature..

The main thing I haven't been able to resolve is Fons' complaint
regarding the DAC Volumes in "Analog Volume" panel not all being the
same height, due to a -10/+4 radiobox that only appears in first DAC
column for the Terratec EWS88MT; this radiobox causes the associated
slider to be shorter than the other channels. Shouldn't this radiobox
appear in all DAC columns?. Is this a regression in "mudita24" or a
feature request for standard "envy24control"? I didn't change this
aspect of the code, as far as I can tell.

-- Niels.
http://nielsmayer.com