[alsa-devel] [RFC] disabling ALSA period interrupts

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 02:59:15 CEST 2010

2010/4/30 pl bossart <bossart.nospam at gmail.com>

> > do you mean that it only work on HDaudio and not intel8x0 ?
> >
> > How about other drivers ?
>
> It's driver/hardware specific, I guess everyone would have to enable
> this in their drivers. I don't understand what 8x0 does...You're
> welcome to test and do the same for 8x0 if you have the specs and know
> how to disable interrupts.

Any side effect of this disabling interrupt  ?

Do you mean that all applications must use pulse api instead of alsa-pulse
plugin ?

Did your test included those voip application which require low latency ?

did your test only play one audio stream to the sound server ?

Do those alsa application still work with "hw" device when pulseaudio is
disabled ?