[alsa-devel] ASoC: OMAP/TI upstream route

Jarkko Nikula jhnikula at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 18:22:28 CEST 2010

Hi

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:56:43 +0100
Liam Girdwood <lrg at slimlogic.co.uk> wrote:

> Now that I'm back working full time on ASoC I'm going to manage the
> upstream branch for the OMAP platform and TI codecs. Mark will continue
> to manage the upstream for all other codecs, platforms and core.
>
> As usual, please CC both Mark and I on new ASoC patches. The OMAP
> upstream branch tracks Takashi's topic/asoc branch and is here :-
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lrg/asoc-2.6.git #for-2.6.35

To clarify: is this new tree for handling possible cross tree issues
with current and future ASoC OMAPs?

I don't see a need for own tree for plain sound/soc/omap/ patches but
this could makes sense for patches that touch also arch/arm/ (we have
had a few cases) or sounc/soc/codec/ (if we ever have such a need?).

--
Jarkko