[alsa-devel] ASoC - Support for multiple components

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Wed Apr 21 07:53:09 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 13:46:07 ext Liam Girdwood wrote:
> > I have one question:
> > How the overlapping kcontrol names are going to handled (plain kcontrol
> > and DAPM widget names)?
> > What will happen if let say you have wm8711 _and_ wm8731 in the same
> > card? Both have:
> > "Master Playback Volume", "Master Playback ZC Switch" in
> > snd_kcontrol_new, and also LOUT, ROUT, LHPOUT, RHPOUT, and
> > SND_SOC_DAPM_MIXER("Output Mixer",..) in snd_soc_dapm_widget.
> >
> > How the user will see these in one card?
>
> A subsequent patch will add an ID qualifier to kcontrol names and DAPM
> widget names. So we can have things like "Master Playback Volume.0" and
> "Master Playback Volume.1" to differentiate the two separate controls.

I see. How these IDs will be added?
Will does are given by the core automatically based on device load order, or
will the machine driver have the ability to specify the ID for a codec?

Another question: how the PCM interfaces will be seen when we have multiple
codec/dai in a card?
I suppose we will have multiple PCMs in a card, when we have multiple codec
(multiple dai pairs)..?

--
Péter