[alsa-devel] No shutdown code in soc-core.c

ANISH KUMAR anish.singh at samsung.com
Sat Apr 17 09:02:43 CEST 2010

Why this shutdown filed is not there in the struct shown below:
static struct platform_driver soc_driver
{
.shutdown       = soc_shutdown,                  //soc-core.c
}
This shutdown call this codec_dev->shutdown function
In my case i am turning off the amplifier using this call.Which
solved my problem of "TAK" sound during reset.

I agree that soc_codec_close() is calling the shutdown function
but in my case there is a call to set the path after this which is
turning on the amplifier and suddenly if we reset the phone it is
causing "TAK" sound.Probably because AMPLIFIER was on.

Anyway why this function call soc_shutdown() is there in
soc-core.c if no one is calling it???
I know there will be a redundancy if we have shutdown field
in the struct shown above as soc_codec_close call also calls
codec shutdown code.
But in my case it is solving my problem.