[alsa-devel] No shutdown code in soc-core.c

Liam Girdwood lrg at slimlogic.co.uk
Fri Apr 16 19:21:30 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 16:44 +0000, ANISH KUMAR wrote:
> >What are you trying to do ?
>
> There was a "TAK" noise because of non-presence of this code.
> This soc_shutdown calls the respective shutdown code in codec
> for prevention of this kind of strange noise.In my code it is turning
> off the Amplifier because of which i no longer get the "TAK" sound.

Ok, so afaict you hear a "TAK" noise at stream shutdown and want to get
rid of it. ASoC calls shutdown/close for each of it's components :-

	if (cpu_dai->ops->shutdown)
		cpu_dai->ops->shutdown(substream, cpu_dai);

	if (codec_dai->ops->shutdown)
		codec_dai->ops->shutdown(substream, codec_dai);

	if (machine->ops && machine->ops->shutdown)
		machine->ops->shutdown(substream);

	if (platform->pcm_ops->close)
		platform->pcm_ops->close(substream);

> So i am just wondering why this code is not present in the struct
> i mentioned in my previous mail.

You didn't mention any struct in your last mail.

Please explain your problems more clearly in the future. It's very
difficult to help here without a good problem description or a detailed
explanation of why you need this feature.

Liam

--
Freelance Developer, SlimLogic Ltd
ASoC and Voltage Regulator Maintainer.